Haygrove School is a popular 11-16 mixed school in the beautiful county of Somerset with a reputation for excellent academic results, good standards of behaviour and a caring and inclusive environment.
Why choose to work at Haygrove?
- Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2016, our outstanding GCSE results are amongst the best in the county with 69% achieving five A* to C GCSEs, including English and Maths.
- These are exciting times for Haygrove School. We are now entering an exciting phase in the school’s history, as we have now had confirmation of a new build, which will have significant impact on the quality of our accommodation and the learning environment.
- As a Multi Academy Trust we are well positioned to recruit and develop high quality teachers who aspire to be expert practitioners working across a Trust and potentially taking on leadership responsibilities.
- We work closely with several Higher Education establishments in the South West and local teaching alliances in order to ensure top quality training opportunities and accredited courses, in addition to our annual in-house programme of personalised training.
- We have an open-culture and treat others with respect and fairness. We work together to meet the common need, share ideas, collaborate effectively for the benefit of the school and build relationships with colleagues and the community. We expect you to be committed to quality in everything you do.
- We are committed to on-going 'in-house' investment to meet the professional needs of all our staff. Our programmes of Induction and Continuous Professional Development reflect our determination to demonstrate at all times the highest quality of care and professionalism in all aspects of our work.
- We welcome diversity amongst our staff and seek to ensure that all candidates for employment are treated fairly. We are an employer that is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity.
For vacancies with other Quantock Education Trust schools, please visit the Quantock Education Trust Vacancies page.
Working within the Quantock Education Trust (QET) offers:
- A personalised professional development programme.
- An inspirational staff team who willingly support each other.
- A caring ethos that inspires success for all.
- Well motivated and enthusiastic learners.
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities.
- A full programme of induction and support for new staff.
- A culture of high expectation and professional standards.
The Quantock Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer. The QET is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
If you have any questions about any of the vacancies advertised below, or would like to speak to someone about working at Haygrove School, please contact:
Mrs Julie North, H.R. Manager on 01278 455531 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to close a vacancy early should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Part-time 0.7FTE from January 2022 (or earlier). Qualified Teachers' payscale
ECT applicants welcome as well as experienced practitioners.
Deadline for Applications: noon on 13 October 2021 Interview Date: w/c 18 October2021
We are seeking a creative and motivated Teacher of Music, with knowledge or a willingness to also teach Relationships, Sex and Health Education, to join our dedicated and supportive department from January 2022 (or earlier where possible). We would also welcome applications from ECT colleagues as well as experienced pratitioners. Further details can be found in the Advert and Information Pack below:
SUPPORT STAFF VACANCIES
Finance Assistant - one year fixed term initially
Hours: 18 Hours per week, Monday to Friday, term time plus one week (39 working weeks)
Working Hours 08:30-15:00
Actual pro-rata'd salary: £7,852pa (based on Grade 14 full-time equivalent £18,933)
Deadline for Applications: noon on 1 October 2021 Interview Date: w/ 11 October 2021
A new opportunity has arisen for a reliable and conscientious individual to join our dedicated Finance Team assisting in the routine day to day operation relating to the Trust's finances. This post will initially be a one year fixed term contract with a possibility of a permanent role, subject to Trust expansion. Further details can be found in the Advert and Information Pack below:
Cleaners x 2
Hours Post 1: 20 hours per week, 3.30pm-7.30pm Monday to Friday
Hours Post 2: 15 hours per week, 3.30pm-6.30pm Monday to Friday
Both posts are term time plus additional hours during school closures
£9.24 per hour
Deadline for Applications: noon on 17 September 2021 Interview Date: w/c 20 September 2021
We are seeking two reliable and efficient cleaners to join our dedicated Site Team. Duties will include cleaning, dusting, polishing, mopping and vacuuming of designated areas. Cleaning of toilets and any additinoal duties as written in the cleaning specification.
Previous cleaning experience desirable. Evidence of Right to Work in the UK and two professional references will be required and checked. An enhanced DBS check will be undertaken. For further details please contact the school on 01278 455531 and ask to speak with the Premises Manager or the HR department. You will be required to complete the following application form to be considered.
Examination Invigilator/Reader and Scribe
Required for 2021 Exams. No closing date, we are accepting applications throughout the year.
Salary: £9.20 per hour (including holiday supplement)
Quantock Education Trust Vacancies
Click here to find out about opportunities with our multi-academy trust.