Parents of students who are eligible for free school meals will be contacted and invited to collect vouchers (£12.50/week per child) between 10am and 12 noon tomorrow (24 March) and the following day (Wednesday 25 March). Parents will need to bring a form of identity in order to receive the vouchers. The vouchers will be for the period until Easter (2 week period). We will be reviewing the arrangement post Easter in line with Government guidance.
If your child is entitled to a Free School Meal (FSM), they can use their £2.60 allowance to buy any of the Best Value School Meal Options. If they purchase the same items individually they will exceed their FSM allowance of £2.60.
FSM allowance must be spent in full in one sitting and unspent FSM allowance is not carried over to the next day. Students can add additional funds to their FSM allowance using their cashless catering account if they need to buy additional items at break or lunchtime.
Who is eligible?
Parents/carers who receive any of the following are entitled to free school meals:
- Universal Credit with an annual household income of less than £7,400 after tax
- Income Support (IS)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income related) - not Contribution related
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA) - not Contribution based
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit with an annual taxable income (as assessed by HMRC) of less than £16,190, as long as the family is not also in receipt of Working Tax Credit.
If you have recently become unemployed, but are still receiving working Tax credits, you may be entitled to free school meals, please call 0845 345 9122 for advice.
IS YOUR CHILD MISSING OUT?
Pupil Premium is additional funding received by schools to support the needs of students who may be at an academic disadvantage compared to other students.
Students likely to qualify for Pupil Premium support are those who:
- Have been eligible for Free School Meals at any time in the previous six years or
- Are children in care or who have been adopted from care or
- Are children of service families.
We understand that this may be a sensitive matter for families to disclose some of this information, but please be assured that it will be dealt with in a confidential manner.
Find out more about Pupil Premium Funding