Year 11 Reports

Message for Parents - School reports for Year 11 have been handed to all students yesterday (Monday 16 April). 

Close this announcement
Information for current parents

STUDENT ABSENCE LINE - if you child is absent from school, please TEXT 07860 095106

We know how important it is to our parents to know what is happening at school. Being able to find the information you need quickly and easily, as well as knowing how best to contact the school when you have a question or concern, is vital.


Below are links to the most frequently accessed information on our website:

Information for prospective parents

We are delighted you are considering our school for your child. Haygrove is an excellent secondary school where pupils make good progress and achieve outstanding examination results.


Below are links to some of the important information you need to make the right decision for your family:

If you need to get in touch or wish to make an appointment:


Phone 01278 455531 between 8 am - 4 pm or use our Contact Us enquiry form

Contact Form

If your enquiry is urgent, please telephone the School Reception during school hours to leave a message for a member of staff who will call you back within 2 school days. You can also telephone the school to make an appointment to meet with a Head of Year.
If you prefer, you can use this online form to contact your child's Head of Year - you will usually receive a response to your online enquiry within 3 school days. Please direct all general school enquiries that do not relate to a student at Haygrove School to the School Receptionist.
You can also email the school using this form.
If you are unsure to whom you should send your enquiry, please address it to Mrs C Canham, Headteacher at the School Office.
Our website includes lots of useful information about the school, so before you submit your enquiry it may be worthwhile checking that the answer to your question is not on one of the web pages already.

Student Absence Line: text - 07860 095106
Staff Absence Line: 01278 287213
Access onto the school site
Please note that parents should not to drive onto the school site to drop off or collect children. If you do require access to the site during school hours, please seek permission from the Headteacher in advance.
We have limited parking available at the school if you are visiting.
Haygrove School is a small site and we do not wish to compromise the safety of those who work and study here. Your cooperation in this respect is much appreciated.
Anti-Spam Please enter the letters and numbers in the box.


Durleigh Road




01278 455531

The School Welfare Officer

The Welfare Officer is primarily responsible for administering emergency first aid and essential welfare support to students during the school day. If your child is injured outside of school, or becomes ill out of school hours, please visit a pharmacist or your GP for advice and medication. The school Welfare Officer can only provide support for incidents that occur during school hours. 

Any incidents that do occur during the school day, including if your child falls ill, are immediately referred to the Welfare Officer who will contact the appropriate parent or carer. The school ensures that there are other qualified First Aiders on the premises at all times, to cover for and assist the Welfare Officer.

Please note:

  • The Medical Room and Welfare Officer are for emergency first aid, supporting students with long term, on-going medical or welfare conditions and issues and supporting students who become unwell during the school day and may need to go home.
  • Our Welfare Officer is not a GP and should not be asked for a medical opinion. If you have any concerns about your child's health, please make an appointment to see your GP.
  • Students who require medication during the school day should only visit the Medical Room between lessons or at break/lunchtime. The only exception to this is for students with medical cards.
  • If a student feels unwell they should try to only go the Medical Room at the end of a lesson, unless their condition is serious. 


The Medical Room is open from 8.45am – 3.30pm each day.

If you would like to speak to the Welfare Officer, please contact the school.


What if my child becomes unwell at school?

If a student becomes unwell or has an accident during the school day, the Welfare Officer or a qualified first aider will provide emergency first aid or assistance. Contact will be made with parents/carers if the student need to be collected from school.

Click here for more information about illness and absence.


A weekly Drop-In Health Clinic for students is held every Wednesday lunchtime and is run by a qualified nurse.


Medications in School

The school operates a 'no medication' policy which means, for the safety of all, students must ask the Welfare Officer to store any medicines they need. Student must not carry medication with them in bags, pockets etc.

If you wish your child to receive simple pain relief a Permission to Adminster Medication form must be completed and returned to the Welfare Officer. Parents of Year 7 students who joined the school in 2017 will have already received this form to complete and return. Parents only need to complete this form once as the authorisation remains valid until the child leaves the school. lFor all other year groups, if a form has not been completed previously during their time at Haygrove School, please download a form from the link above, or ask the Welfare Officer for a paper copy.

If medication is given to a student they will be given a pink slip signed by the Welfare Officer or first aider that tells you which medication has been given, how much and at what time.

If a student has a long term or short term course of prescribed or over-the-counter medication that must be taken during the school day the parent/carer will need to complete and sign a Medication Permission form which must be given, along with the medicine, to the Welfare Officer. Where possible, medications should be timed to be taken at break or lunchtimes.

Medical conditions and Health Care Plans

The Welfare Officer can support students with medical conditions such as diabetes or epilepsy and short term issue such as fracture. Student with such conditions will need a Health Care Plan (HCP). HCPs are updated annually and it is important that parents and carers of children with long term medical conditions complete and return their child’s HCP to the school each year. The Welfare Officer will communicate with parents'carers to ensure the health, well-being and education of their child is monitered and maintained.

Website Designed by Think! and built by WebDesignUK