We know how important it is to our parents to know what is happening at school. Understanding how your child is progressing is a top priority, closely followed by being kept informed of school events and activities and being able to celebrate the many and varied student successes and achievements that take place throughout the year. Being able to find the information you need quickly and easily, as well as knowing how best to contact the school when you have a question or concern is also very vital.
We use a wide range of tools and techniques to ensure communication between the school and parents is successful:
- Termly Reports on academic progress.
- Parents' Evenings - there are two held in year 7.
- Letters Home – for important information and to advise about up-coming events and school trips.
- Online Enquiries – An online 'Contact Us' form on the school website.
- ‘Heads Up’ - a monthly bulletin from the headteacher that includes important announcements and information about extra-curricular activities.
- Haygrove Headlines - a termly round-up of the past terms' successes and achievements.
- Parents Forum – a Forum for each Year Group is held once a term and it is an opportunity for parents to raise any issues they have.
- The School Planner – every child is issued with a Planner which includes important information about their targets and is also used for daily communication between tutors and home.
- Year Group Satisfaction Surveys.
- Texting and email for important messages and reminders to parents. There is also a Haygrove School Twitter account and a Facebook page where news and announcements are posted regularly.
- Our online SHARP confidential reporting system is available for parents or students to communicate sensitive issues directly to the Assistant Headteacher (Pastoral Care).
- We are now using an internet-based system called 'Show My Homework' to issue and monitor students' homework. Launched in February 2015, this system can be accessed by parents and students via the school website or a Show My Homework app.
School Messaging Services
In addition to letters home and newsletters, we use both text and email to communicate with parents – especially for urgent messages and reminders.
If you wish to update your details please contact the school office.
- Parent/Carer name
- Student name
- Tutor group
- Mobile phone number
- Email address